150gms dark chocolate buttons
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2 cups castor sugar
2 extra large eggs
2/3 cup self raising flour
1 cup plain flour
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven to 160oC.
- Heat orange juice and sugar in a heavy pan, once heated do not allow to boil.
- Add butter and dark chocolate and stir till all combined. Set aside to cool for 15minutes.
- Sift flours and cocoa together.
- Add two eggs and water to cooled liquid mixture above and whisk in the flours.
- Pour into patty pans and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes.
Original recipe found on www.how2cakes.com